Between today and tomorrow, Thousands of unspoken words are yet to come!



Shwan Salar Sherkw- Iraqi Canadian comedian/writer 


Written by Bedor Alobaidi

June, 13th.2016  

Author's Statement:

Sometimes what makes you a skillful writer, or passionate enough to create a satisfying piece is what you have been influenced by. Lots of things can be such an inspiration for the writer or artists in any category that they belong to.

Shwan Salar, is a well-known Iraqi Canadian Comedian, writer whose name been recognized in one of the Middle Eastern comedy shows known by Albasheer Show that comes to the audience from Jordan, Amman. In this photograph Shwan was playing a role in an introductory segment along with other names of talented actors and media researchers.

And I am right here all thankful for the creative, crazy people out there who spreads powerful messages across borders, oceans and distance is never an issue to break the ice and speak directly to one person's heart. Just like how this picture did in my case.

Thank you Shwan, for giving your fans pleasure, love by being yourself. And personal thanks from myself to you and that's because I was able to write my words based on what I have received from the theme of your pose and all the lively colors that took a place in this image, indeed.

Thumbs up.
…………………………………………………………………………………………………

Scene #1

They push you to the level of saying enough is extremely enough and that what makes you cold, and have nothing in mind except for walking away from those who have nothing to give you but pain and regrets!!

Scene #2

Once upon a time the joker who lives next door said:
I am tired,
I am tired,
I am tired,
No one seems to be home to hear your cries and feel how tired you are, so take a break
Take your absolute time to be happy again
Do it alone,
Do it by yourself, because you can.....

Scene #3

I never knew that someone like you will leave me all alone; lost in the middle of nowhere, without explaining, without, words, without hearing your voice, dispersing from everywhere like a magic trick. Wow, funny, I mean does that mean I have lost you long time ago and wasn't paying attention how and when did that happen? #Destiny

Scene #4

The Unknown Enemies*

No matter how unbreakable he may seem, every man has a weakness.
A year ago, my home became a bloodstained crime scene. That night marked the beginning of my hell—the same night I was tortured by my enemies and tossed into an underground prison to die.
They failed. I survived.

Now that I’m free, only one motive burns in my soul: revenge.
Lucky for me, they think Nadia is dead.
Maybe I am the one who is dead. I’ve got nothing but a cold, merciless rage, and Black Betty, the sharp steel blade that never leaves my side.

Then she drifts into my life.
Lucia wants answers—so much so, she’s willing to fall into the darkness where my enemies lie in wait, to kill her for what she knows.
Or to take her for the depraved fantasies her body alone can rouse in a man’s mind.
Me? I want her for the fire in her touch that feeds my addiction, forces me to feel what has become numb, but my appetite for bloodshed runs deeper than flesh.
For my own sanity, I’ve vowed to stay away from her.
Because she’s my only weakness, an obsession that leaves me craving more—one that could make even the most steadfast plan backfire.

Scene #5

Who's paying the price of my patience? I am not expecting you anyways. So, relax!!

Scene #6

Don't leave...Don't leave me now! Stay strong and certain this can't be the end. But bring me back to earth instead of flying over the cities, and rivers because I am tired of counting the time that only goes against me and your soul, your soul is somehow breaking up from me. You are running away, and one day, I will stop running after you.

So, just don't be surprised. Because as they say: What goes around comes around.  You know?
...............
Scene #7

Surrealistic Piece of Chocolate:

What happened there? Why everyone is melting like a piece of chocolate? 
The mystery of vanishing here is so frightening. I am laying down here waiting to see the stars and the moon whether or not their colors will turn out to brown, or dark brown like chocolate or not. 

Scene #8

Love...
What is the dictionary definition of Love? Well, let's find out:
Love is one of the complicated games when two genders from opposite sex or same sex choose to play between life and death. Now, for example and not too far from the subject matter, you are one of those who successfully was able to choose me playing the game of death.

I remember clearly once you told me that life is full of uncounted chances, but this is the chance that you deserve to get. That was the secret pass code to kill me slowly until I pass out without saying goodbye to my dear loved ones.

Once and forever I will say and repeat the same following words;

((Kill me slowly, and don't let anyone hear my cries nor waking me up from this wonderful fake bittersweet reality you provided me with, keep them away from me and I promise you, I'll start to disappear little by little until I am all gone and no one ever could remember me, except for you and myself)).

Scene #9

Love is priceless, if you ever feel yourself that you are losing your other significant don't give up fighting to win back his/her heart again! But don't do that unless he or she worth keeping.

Scene #10

When we are silent, we are still strong. Even when we feel like a cup not even half-empty, but tipped over, spilled across the floor, kicked, stepped on, cracked and forever broken, we're still strong.

Scene #11

I knocked on all the doors
Looked among all the faces
I screamed in different languages
I could not find you... Or maybe I did
Yes, yes I remembered now I did see you in my dreams
Even in my nightmares I did see you;
But can you tell me here, how can I get rid of you and take you out of my head?

"The joker was waiting to hear back from her, and what happened is that after 20 years of wait, he realized that all the past years he was talking to himself, and the girl who used to call her as the love of his life didn’t really exist! He made up that character out of his creative imagination only to remind him of his best childhood friend Cheyenne. Cheyenne who he lost long time ago in a very sad tragic when she and all her family members got killed in a terrorist attack at one of Baghdad’s nights in unknown date and time. Her memory lived with him for years and of course it is not any possible for him to forget about her in any sort of way since he kept all her pictures, diaries and not only that but he also ended up writing novels and poetry books addressing her in different kind of forms. Yes, she is obviously lives inside him and it looks like that’s how he’s going to spend the rest of his life… Living on her memory until he passes away, according to what his plays been telling us in his performances for the last 13 years until now”.

Scene #12

Keep inspiring me while I'm still watching my favorite games of yours. Since you never tried to feel about what’s going on inside me, nor the sorrow that I’ve been suffering from for years then why my actions seem to be a question every single time you see me going all silent, sitting by myself painting, sleeping, or go out for a walk also by myself. I was clear and been explaining to you more than once how your company isn’t welcomed anymore and yet you still consider yourself someone special in my life, or my reflection at some point. Since nobody is able to figure out my struggles except for you then why just can’t you leave me alone and set me free instead of blaming, hurting and torturing each other and playing our favorite roles of being the victims whether I am the reason behind your frustration or you.
So please tell me, can we put an end to this story?

Scene #13

Those who run naked in the streets in my dreams make me wonder, where did they come from?

Scene #14

Always, I put myself in a place of comparison starting off with the following question:

Which is better?

Dream or reality?
Friends and company or enemies and loneliness?
Love or no love?
To be happy and all smiling for no reason, or there must be a reason and a price for joy and happiness?
And the list of questions goes on and I wish if each question requires one answer only. It would have been a lot simpler and easier for me to choose the type of living that I’d like to continue my life with. But, it’s never going to happen this way as everything does happen for a reason and don’t ignore the fact that you were brought to this life for a reason as well. If you think that way for once, perhaps your overthinking problem will be resolved by then. Did you know?

Scene #15

Please be aware that I am you
Nothing could be more certain
This isn’t the time or the place for us
To understand this life… No it is not… (Come on join me and sing this song with me please, it’s very entertaining … VERY!!).

Scene #16

Why they don’t want me to ask?
Why they don’t want me to protect?
Why they don’t want me to love?
Why they don’t want me to try?
Why they don’t want me leave?
Why they don’t want me scream?
Why they don’t want me dream?
Why they don’t want me to laugh?
Why they don’t want me breathe?
Why they don’t want me speak?
Why they don’t want me to be awake?
Why they don’t want me to think?
Why they don’t want me to be myself?
Why they don’t want me to walk in darkness?
Whey they don’t want me to live?
Oh wait a second here, now; after all these questions I came up with and all the obstacles I have been dealing for years now, I still consider myself alive? Haha what a joke!! . (The joker said, during a radio interview).

Scene #17

Once upon a time, the joker was asked about his most favorite song of the famous British band “The Beatles” and whether he is interested to sing it out loud to his audience, he replied by yes and started singing, and jumping from corner to corner while he made a choice to sing ( Free as a bird ) the song that kept him optimistic and full of life and that it always make him feel positive and good about himself even if he ends up all alone without having a company from any kind. His day will be just fine by listening to this song that says:

Free as a bird
It's the next best thing to be
Free as a bird
Home, home and dry
Like a homing bird I'll fly
As a bird on wings
Whatever happened to?
The life that we once knew?
Can we really live without each other?
Where did we lose the touch?
That seemed to mean so much?
It always made me feel so...
Free as a bird
Like the next best thing to be
Free as a bird
Home, home and dry
Like a homing bird I'll fly
As a bird on wings…….




So, what happened is that he kept singing this song and repeated over and over with some little dance movement until he got all tired and he ended up by thanking his audience for coming out to watch his performance that he kept saying it was a special one for some or his best shows, maybe because the auditorium was all packed that night? Possible.

Scene #18

What’s the secret behind crying?
On grief we cry and on celebrations we also cry?
Why? Just why? It seems to be such a hard question that doesn’t come in with a specific answer and perhaps there’s no answer to it. Even philosophers, didn’t have a certain nor direct definition for such dilemma.  
And I am all tired here of being asked the same question from friends, close ones, or just random people. I am not only tired but just became sick of it, you know? J

Scene #19

All people are similar in this silent city
No rhythm for their footsteps
No voices
All we see are leaves falling from the trees
We rely too much in the light of the moon
We barely see the sun in this iced, dead city...
We barely make eye contact to our other significant,
And most people in this town don’t even have a significant other
Something expected, a scene that’s been prepared for ahead of time…
Loneliness and desperation was meant to play a major role in our lives  
In this city, nobody seem to understand you nor make an effort to know who you really are…
Nobody … just nobody…
Silence is all about the environment of this city…
Nothing more or less to say here, as all stories will be the same
All stories will be the same… and each story going to repeat itself over and over until we get to the day when no one would survive in here…. Everyone will be gone,
I will be gone and that means you will no longer receive or read letters from me…
It is my destiny. So, why would I be afraid of saying that though?
But no worries, I’ll make sure to write and draw some signs that shows you whether the coming up letter going to be my last one or not.
I promise you that I will not disappoint you on that!
PROMISE.

Scene #20

It is so good to be true:

The joker, all the sudden decided to share his fans a song that it took him long enough to understand it's meaning, according to what he said.

Last night, I heard a song that resonated with me right away. I'm not a religious person (any more) but I heard the lyrics to this one and thought, "Wow, this sounds like a prayer." A prayer for a positive future, for a holding a candle to the past while being determined for a better tomorrow. I've been listening to it on repeat. Then he paused and continued saying, alright everybody why don't I share a part of this song that almost been not just a favorite song for me to listen to but also it became part of me and always train my tongue to taste it's sweetness and that's what almost lots of people would say once they like or love anything in the world it turns out into something unique, close, and somehow they connect themselves to whatever that thing just because it pleases them and enter joy to their bodies and creating peace into their busy buster heads, indeed. And that's exactly how I feel towards this song right here:
Then, (The joker started to sing the lyrics out to his audience):

For all of the light that I shut out
For all of the innocent things that I doubt
For all of the bruises that I’ve caused and the tears
For all of the things that I’ve done all these years
Yeah, for all of the sparks that I’ve stomped out
For all of the perfect things that I doubt

I’ll be good, I’ll be good
And I’ll love the world, like I should
Yeah, I’ll be good, I’ll be good

For all of the times I never could



Then he continued his talk stating that his past was sucks, and sometimes April brings up some unpleasant memories to him but by the time and with the fast change of life; he started to give up the past and whatever tragic he has gone through especially in the month of April he would just overcome whatever experience he’s been into and step forward to a new beginning. 

Not only during that month, but every other month which is honestly the smart way to do it.

He also mentioned that winter is almost over. It’s going to be another week before spring weather returns here in Ontario but it’s coming back. 

The sun stays out later every single day. We need to hang on to hope for spring, hope for warmth, and try our best for today. When we go to bed tonight we can say we tried our hardest to do right, to do well, and to hold on for anything comes next.

And not too far from the subject matter, I see myself belong to his theory. The theory of how to live and practice my daily activities by being a productive, peaceful kind of human, knowing the fact that life is never ever perfect, but art and giggles and hope, in whatever form we can find, well, all those things can add up to being enough. Enough to keep going. 

Because, if we keep going and try our best, every day is worth it. it sure it is going to be like that way and anything else if we sense it will turn out the opposite why don’t we just put in mind and train ourselves that whatever darkness, or difficulties we will face it’s going to be temporary and the sun will rise one day or another. 

Even if it’s just a dream, aren’t we satisfied from nightmares? What happens if we allow our dreams to control us? Guide us while we sense or feel we are lost? Is that too much to ask for?
I do not think so.

Done. 


Comments

  1. A beautiful piece of art what what you are writing I wish you all success and you have all our support we know you from years ago and we witness you climbing to success great job Bedoor
    Art.
    utn 1

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rising of the Moon By Lady Gregory: In Summary

The Rough Theatre

The Deadly Theatre