Letting Go Of Illusions




Written by: Bedor Alobaidi 
Photo courtesy of the artist. Unknown artist but if you happen to know who’s this work for please feel free to leave a comment under my blog so I can share the name of the artist for credit and copyright. 


No longer shall I seek your presence,
No longer shall I yearn for you in secret,
For I have realized the illusion I have created,
Imagining a being that is not yet real.

No longer shall I search or chase you in my dreams,
Even if you haunt me day after day,
I shall find a way to escape this nightmare,
And find solace in freeing myself from this addiction.

We all fall ill for various reasons,
And sometimes for no reason at all,
I, too, am someone beyond ordinary,
Yearning for peace and tranquility.

I have no desire for challenges or adventures,
Though life holds many secrets to uncover,
But for one who has lost hope and all,
I seek safety until my departure from existence.

In the hopes that in the afterlife,
Someone, somewhere, will watch over me,
I've told you, one cannot hold on to a weary soul,
Be courageous and embrace reality or let me sleep in peace.

You possess the ability to play games,
But I have relinquished that capacity,
Am I giving up on you? Yes, I am.











Bedor Alobaidi/ Interested to ask me a question? Please go ahead. I will be more than happy to do my best in answering if it's something related to my personal knowledge.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rising of the Moon By Lady Gregory: In Summary

The Rough Theatre

The Deadly Theatre