living Inside my Head

Bedor Alobaidi/ Interested to ask me a question? Please go ahead. I will be more than happy to do my best in answering if it's something related to my personal knowledge.


Written and posted by Bedor Alobaidi: All content on this blog is copyrighted. It is imperative to respect this copyright when sharing any material from this blog. If you wish to share any content on social media or for educational purposes, please ensure to include my name. Unauthorized use, reproduction, or claiming of my work as your own is strictly prohibited by law. If you are interested in sharing my work, kindly quote and credit me in your publication to avoid legal consequences.

Living Inside My  Head By Bedor Alobaidi 
Artwork by Polish artist: Rafal Olbinski 



I don't see you in my dreams, but you are the first thing I remember every time I open my eyes in the morning. We don't talk daily, but you live in my head, and my imagination keeps a heartfelt conversation with you - endless conversations. I don't even know you, nor do I know myself. Every time I try to see your eyes, they shift to your lips or shirt, as if I am seeking comfort before I lose my mind or the right words to say to you when the topic is serious, very urgently serious, or completely below the average seriousness I can be myself. I don't like being hard on myself all the time.


You feel like home, not back home or in my second hometown, but in a dreamy place called home. That's how warm you are, and how cold I am every time. I just cannot shut up and run out of time whenever I talk to you. 


You are my friend, or maybe not just yet a friend, but maybe closer than that, or maybe it's all just in my head? Even though I know that whenever I see you or make you read my complaints, I wish you knew that it's my heart that's talking and communicating with you, not me. And I must admit that you have a certain magic that makes me talk and talk and talk and talk until nonstop. I know I can be loud and noisy when I talk, just like my silence.


When you asked how my week went and my answer was 50/50, you responded by saying, "Well, I don't know where you live or how you live or what's going on in your life, but that's life, and we can't expect our days to go perfectly every day." I just wished I could have interrupted you and said that I live in my head. I live there a lot. It's my sacred place that I belong to more than a sense of belonging to home, house, family, community, a whole neighborhood, or friends. I'm with all of them and not with them at all. I'm a loner, not by preference, but rather because it has been a pattern for a very long time, maybe since the day I was born, and that's because I'm different and hard to be understood.


It's not a lack of love, but a lack of understanding and sometimes a series of events that lead me to end up in the wrong places with the wrong people who I thought I could relate to somehow or just fit in. 


But something happens and detaches me or removes me from these places or people's lives in a mysterious way that I wish I could understand why. I am the unknown to no one. Let's keep it simple that way. And yes, I'm sure even you will not be able to figure me out, not because I am special or a red carpet star, nor an ordinary woman, but because I am like the puzzle that I can't find the answer to. Do you think you can? I hope so.

Bedor Alobaidi 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Rising of the Moon By Lady Gregory: In Summary

The Deadly Theatre

The Rough Theatre