Wait



Bedor Alobaidi/ Interested to ask me a question? Please go ahead. I will be more than happy to do my best in answering if it's something related to my personal knowledge. 

Written and posted by Bedor Alobaidi: All content on this blog is copyrighted. It is imperative to respect this copyright when sharing any material from this blog. If you wish to share any content on social media or for educational purposes, please ensure to include my name. Unauthorized use, reproduction, or claiming of my work as your own is strictly prohibited by law. If you are interested in sharing my work, kindly quote and credit me in your publication to avoid legal consequences.

Wait 
Written by Bedor Alobaidi
Artwork by Lebanese artist Mohamad Abdullah. Photo courtesy of the artist. 




Wait

There is always wait 

There is nothing but wait 

Wait for luck

Wait for fate to bring about change with me

Wait for a coincidence

Wait for you by chance without an appointment

Wait for a distant dream

Wait for all the beautiful things that happen in long movies, but they

don't happen and don't come

And they don't want to come

Wait for a big event to make a difference with me

Wait to hear news of the dead

Wait to see someone and all those I love

But, I only see corpses

Corpses coming towards me from all directions

Corpses from the TV

Corpses through local and international radios

Through newspapers and websites

And the mobile phone has become the happy bed for delivering only news of death

Wait patiently

Wait eagerly

Wait very slowly and nothing happens

It is death itself and there is no big difference that occurs during the day

Every day there is an exceptional news talking about someone's death

There seem to be no births recently

And if they exist, they are only deformed births

Wait for a smile

Wait for peace

Wait and eagerly anticipate something beautiful

And nothing happens

I waited for a long time

I waited for those who are meaningless

I waited and couldn't forget

I waited and if I forgot, the same event repeats itself in other situations, so my memory goes back again

To the cursed zero point

To beginnings that I hate

To a dull, boring, and miserable scenario

The event repeats with different colors and faces, but it lacks excitement

Wait for the series I love and don't wait for it

Wait for messages, calls, and pictures, and I don't want all of that at the same time

I want long conversations and I don't want a little of them

I don't prefer visiting doctors, and if I go, I just want to have fun

I want to go to those places where I can tell stories

I want to stay in my place and talk

And not talk

And I'm very good at not being able to speak

I talk a lot sometimes, but real words don't come out easily with me

And I don't mean I'm lying

But sometimes it ends up with me talking about the weather, the dead, wars, stock markets, and social media

And I don't talk about deeper topics than what’s beyond the eye to see and the ears to discover delightfully…. 

I wait for all of that to happen at the right time

And this time doesn't come

All times are inappropriate until an unspecified date

And with all of that wait, 

I will not hope to wait now.

Bedor Alobaidi 


#bedoralobaidi 

Comments

  1. My lovely friend, you are so wonderful 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rising of the Moon By Lady Gregory: In Summary

The Deadly Theatre

The Rough Theatre