Give Me Wings: Inspired by Snake Eyes by Artist Linda Colletta








Written and posted by Bedor Alobaidi: All content on this blog is copyrighted. It is imperative to respect this copyright when sharing any material from this blog. If you wish to share any content on social media or for educational purposes, please ensure to include my name. Unauthorized use, reproduction, or claiming of my work as your own is strictly prohibited by law. If you are interested in sharing my work, kindly quote and credit me in your publication to avoid legal consequences.


Bedor Alobaidi/ Interested to ask me a question? Please go ahead. I will be more than happy to do my best in answering if it's something related to my personal knowledge. 


Written & posted by Bedor Alobaidi 
Give Me Wings Inspired by Snake Eyes artworks by artist Linda Colletta 
To learn more about the artist visit https://lindacolletta.com/ 



Inspirational music/songs 
1-Flay Away- Lenny Kravitz 
2- Free As a Bird- Thea Beatles    
3 Angel-Massive Attack 


Snake Eyes by Linda Colletta 




Snake Eyes by Linda Colletta 

Give me wings to leave this place. 

Give me wings to escape the confines and fly to the unknown lands, towards a new life, towards a new passion.


Give me a sea in which I can dive peacefully,

Our depths come alive when we meet in secret behind the stage curtains. 


I can only see you or be with you when the audience is present between us, witnessing the most important conversation between my eyes and yours. 


And what our lips don't say, they eagerly anticipate, constantly searching and waiting closely for each time our souls meet. It's as if they can only find their purpose through the time we spend together.


I want to find solace from the constant noise in my head,

I want this heart to have a shelter when it gets lost or loses its way.


I want to explore the meaning and existence of it all through wings. 


If I had wings, I might be able to rediscover the meaning of freedom and its importance in the role of a human running aimlessly and tirelessly on this earth. 


I want to uncover the meaning of a soul that can fly without the need for explanations, details, justifications, and escaping the obsession of conspiracy theories and their propagators in one form or another.


I want to have the ability to discover the different moments in time with you, how it would be with or without you, will there be a difference or not?


I want to have a unique story with you, unlike anyone else, not a reality or a dream, I want it to be fantastical like the stories we read so much about in books, novels, and movies.


I want reality with you to be dreamlike,

I want your presence with me and around me to be constant, not just a figment of imagination!


I don't want you to be ordinary, nor extraordinary, but surely I want you to be something exceptional, like music, or an extraordinary poem,


To be abundant like rain, stormy like a hurricane, towering high like an ancient mountain, all of which could be achieved if one of us knew the importance of soaring and searching for ways and possibilities to create wings with high-quality specifications globally. 


Wings that have enough influence and power to change the laws and rules of life, away from the dangers, fears, and pains. 


Wings that rebel, wings that fear not death for the sake of living in moments of true happiness.


Wings for the oppressed women, wings that empower the strength within each female, and enable her to achieve her own destiny and then shared goals with the one who captures her heart with desire and love.


Wings that make every man look at his beloved in a special and exceptional way, that angelic healing gaze that renews hope and writes imaginary destinies that don't resemble our current reality. 


Bright pink wings, dense in color and light. 

Wings that lift you from the depths of sorrow to the peak of love, compassion, and tenderness. 


To the haven that no one has reached until this moment. 


Only with wings can we escape, renew, and live for the sake of winning freedom. 


Absolute freedom that is not false or artificial. 


Freedom that extends through seas, valleys, beaches, oceans, and space. 


Freedom that invites us to soar without turning back or hesitating due to fear, doubt, or anything else that defines or hinders the course of events. 


It's an incredibly cinematic scene, exactly as I imagine it to be in a movie. 


And how beautiful that movie would be if it was real! 


Can you imagine with me such a new and strange type of endless film? 


As long as it resembles us. 

Resembles our hearts. 

Resembles our souls longing for each other but imprisoned behind the bars of earthly boundaries. 


Set me free so I can find you. 

Set me free so I can fly in your sky, 

set me free so you can find yourself again. 

Please, set me free. 

Set me free towards you and back.

Bedor Alobaidi 



         

  

           













Comments

  1. You have the most beautiful and good writings in your blog Bedor, and this piece is personal favorite 😍 really a nice way of introducing your audience to the artist and their works by interpreting their works in your words rather than writing a critique piece which often might be hard to understand especially if it was written with high academic standards or using the art terms and advanced level of writing that may not be as beneficial to a lot of people. But, what you are creating and the line of your writings is creative and it could guide us as readers to have an idea about the artwork or just to think of the work in more out of the box kind of approach. Keep up the good work.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

The Rising of the Moon By Lady Gregory: In Summary

The Deadly Theatre

The Rough Theatre